43RD RESIDENTIAL REFRESHER COURSE AT HOTEL LE MERIDIEN, COIMBATORE
February 27, 2020 @ 1:00 pm - March 1, 2020 @ 12:00 pm
|RESIDENTIAL REFRESHER COURSE COMMITTEE|
|Chairman :||Mehul R. Sheth|
|Vice-Chairman :||Bhavik R. Shah & Ankit P. Sanghavi|
|Convenors :||Darshak K. Shah & Pratik S. Doshi|
|Advisor :||Kishor Vanjara|
|Date||:||Thursday, 27th February, 2020 to Sunday, 1st March, 2020|
|Venue||:||762, Avinashi Road, Neelambur Village, Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu-641062|
The Chamber always strives to provide the novel and the best in terms of knowledge as well as venue to the delegates of the RRC. The Residential Refresher Course (RRC) Committee of The Chamber of tax Consultants is pleased to announce 43rd Residential Refresher Course (RRC) at Hotel Le Meridien, Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu. (https://www.marriott. com/hotels/travel/cjbmd-lemeridien- coimbatore).
The Second largest city of Tamil Nadu, Coimbatore, also known as Kovai and Koyamuthur locally, is often referred to as the Manchester of South. It is 16th largest urban agglomeration in India. The city is situated 1349 ft above sea level on the banks of the river Noyyal. In the rain shadow region of the Western ghats, Coimbatore enjoys a very pleasant climate throughout the year, aided by the fresh breeze that flows through the 25 kms long Palakkad gap.
At Coimbatore one can walk by the magnificent Adiyogi Shiva Statue at Isha Foundation, seek blessings at the Perur Pateeshwarar Temple, be awed by the stunning Monkey Falls, take a walk at the Siruvani Falls and Dams, visit the Unique Gedee Car Musuem, admire the Relics at the Gass Forest Musuem and many more.
A 15 minutes drive from the Coimbatore International Airport, Hotel Le Meridien is well equipped with the modern amenities. The largest Hotel in Coimbatore, it has 254 rooms each of 452 sq. ft. or more and approx 15,000 sq. feet of Convention Center.
The RRC endeavors to take up in its coverage contemporary issues that are being unplugged and discussed and deliberated in detail by eminent faculty who have the relevant domain knowledge and acquired bandwidth to deal with the same and would equip participants with newer and updated tools to deal with current tax situations.
|1||Paper 1 for Discussion:
Imposing Penalties Under The Contemporary Regime
The Paper focuses on recently introduced penalties dealing with misreported and underreported income, unexplained credits and cash transactions and procedures for seeking immunity from these provisions. Sections covered – 270A, 271AAC, 271DA 270AA
|CA Jagdish Punjabi|
|2||Paper 2 for Discussion:
Case Studies under Direct Taxes (Mock Tribunal Approach)
This session deals with various live tax issues and demonstrates the pros and cons using a Mock Tribunal Approach.
|Mr. Hiro Rai, Advocate|
|3||Paper 3 for Discussion :
PRIVATE TRUSTS – a succession planning tool unplugged
The paper focuses on unplugging the manner of taxation of private Trusts and also covers relevance of such Trusts in succession and inheritance planning.
|CA Vishal Gada|
|4||Paper 4 for Presentation :
HANDLING ENTITIES UNDER DISTRESS –
The Presentation covers issues relevant to entities that are under distress – recent tax amendments as well as some strategies under the Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code.
|CA Amrish Shah|
|5||Brains’ Trust : Direct Tax
This session will take up various contemporary and practical issues in Direct tax which a practioner faces on regular basis.
|Trustees : CA Gautam Doshi &
CA Kishor Karia
RRC Dates: Thursday, 27th February, 2020 to Sunday, 1st March, 2020
|Delegate Fees||* Enrolments on or before 15/11/2019||Enrolments after 15/11/2019|
|Members||₹ 17,500 + ₹ 3,150 (GST @ 18%) = ₹ 20,650||₹ 19,000 + ₹ 3,420 (GST @ 18%) = ₹ 22,420|
|Non-Members||₹ 19,500 + ₹ 3,510 (GST @ 18%) = ₹ 23,010||₹ 20,500 + ₹ 3,690 (GST @ 18%) = ₹ 24,190|
* In case the fees are paid by cheque, the cheque should reach the CTC office at least 3 days prior to the cut-off date.
The fees include:
• 3 Nights–4 Days accommodation on double occupancy basis in Standard AC Room
• Meals starting with Lunch on Thursday (27th February, 2020) and ending with Packed Snacks on Sunday (1st March, 2020)
• Course Material
• Sight Seeing
• Gala Dinner with Entertainment Programme.
• Complimentary access to swimming pool
Coimbatore is well connected with major cities by Air, Train & Road. The Hotel is about 06 kms (15 minutes drive) from Coimbatore Airport and about 18 kms from the Railway Station
Flight timings :
|From Mumbai to Coimbatore : (Suggested flights for RRC)|
|Airline||Departure from Mumbai||Arrival at Coimbatore|
|Spice Jet||09:20 A.M.||11.10 A.M.|
|Indigo||11.55 A.M.||13.50 P.M.|
|Air India||10:55 A.M.||12:50 P.M.|
|From Coimbatore to Mumbai : (Suggested flights for RRC)|
|Airline||Departure from Coimbatore||Arrival at Mumbai|
|Indigo||14.20 P.M.||16.20 P.M.|
|Air India||13:30 P.M.||15:25 P.M.|
|Indigo||22:10 P.M.||00:20 A.M. (Day 2)|
|Spice Jet||22:00 P.M.||00:15 A.M. (Day 2)|
|Above Flight timings are indicative. Kindly check with Airline before booking the tickets.|
1) Check in time at Hotel: Thursday, 27th February, 2020 at 1.00 p.m. followed by Lunch. Check out time 12 Noon on 1st March, 2020.
2) RRC will commence at 3.30 PM on Thursday, 27th February, 2020 and end by 11.00 AM on Sunday, 1st March, 2020.
3) Registration is on first–come–first served basis.
4) In case of cancellation, no refund request shall be entertained, except under genuine unavoidable circumstances, subject to the approval of the RRC Committee.
5) Hotel Le Meredien has offered the concessional rate of ₹ 9,250/- per room on Double Occupancy basis, per night (inclusive of all meals and Taxes) for extended stay, starting 1st March, 2020, Sunday for RRC Delegates. Any delegate intending to have an extended stay at the hotel and willing to avail this facility may fill in the relevant details in enrolment form. The charges for extended stay will be payable by the delegates directly to the hotel.
6) For any other enquiry, the delegates may contact the following Co-ordinators: Vice Chairmen: CA Bhavik Shah – 9833022289 | CA Ankit Sanghavi – 9820689003 Mr. Hitesh Shah, Manager, CTC Office: 022- 22001787 / 22090423
Please return the duly completed Enrolment Form along with Cheque/ DD in favour of “The Chamber of Tax Consultants”. Outstation members are requested to make payment by At Par Cheque / Demand Draft only or by internet. The Enrolment and payment can also be done through the CTC website www.ctconline. org . Delegates making online payment should ensure that their Enrolment forms reach CTC Office within 3 days of payment made.