14TH RESIDENTIAL CONFERENCE ON INTERNATIONAL TAXATION
June 18 - June 20
[Week I – Friday 18th to Sunday 20th June 2021]
[Week II – Friday 25th to Sunday 27th June 2021]
Mentors: CA Dilip J. Thakkar, CA T. P. Ostwal & CA Padamchand Khincha
Conference Directors: CA Kartik Mehta & CA Siddharth Parekh
Keeping in mind the words of Benjamin Franklin, “An investment in knowledge always pays the best interest”, alongwith the ever changing and dynamic world of international taxation, the International Taxation Committee is pleased to announce the 14th Residential Conference on International Taxation which is poised to discuss and deliberate on some of the most prominent and recent issues in the subject of international taxation.
We invite you to register for the conference and join us in this journey of knowledge as we bring together experienced professionals for enriching your knowledge to reflect upon the continually transforming policies in the international tax arena.
The topics and the esteemed speakers of this virtual 14th Residential Conference on International Taxation is as follows:
|Topic||Presenter / Panelists|
|Importance of Spirituality & Meditation in Modern Times||Sister B. K. Shivani|
|Group discussion papers:|
|1) An Art yet to be Mastered: Advanced Principles on Interpretation of key tax treaties in light of recent developments||CA Gautam B. Doshi|
|2) Emerging concept of nexus in the context of business and its paradigm shift||CA Padamchand H. Khincha|
|3) Residential status – nuances involved including stateless person in view of the recent amendments||CA Milin Mehta|
|1) International tax dispute resolution, the road travelled and the road ahead||Shri Pramod Kumar,
Hon ‘ble Vice President of ITAT (West Zone)
|2) Unsettled controversy in respect of cross border payments for software and similar services post the recent SC Decision||CA Vishal J Shah|
|3) Tax considerations for employers and employees arising from “Home Office” in a cross border context||CA Himanshu Parekh|
|4) GST Implications on certain cross border transactions||CA A. R. Krishnan|
|5) Discussion on the OECD Unified Approach||Dr. Dhruv Sanghavi|
|1) Case Studies on attribution of income, DEMPE and FAR analysis and attribution data points (including digital taxation)||Shri Rajat Bansal, Chief Commissioner of I.Tax, Jt. Secretary-
FT&TR2 Senior Adv. Ajay Vohra, CA Hitesh Gajaria and CA Shefali Goradia
|2) Case Studies on International Taxation (including issues on High Net Worth Individuals)||Shri Kamlesh Varshney Jt. Secretary CBDT, TPL – Finance Ministry, Senior Adv. S. Ganesh, Adv. Mukesh Butani, CA T. P. Ostwal and CA Dileep Choksi|
Fees for the Online Conference is as under:
|MEMBERS||Rs. 4,000/- + Rs. 720/- (18% GST) = Rs. 4,720/-|
|NON – MEMBERS||Rs. 4,500/- + Rs. 810/- (18% GST) = Rs. 5,310/-|
We request all chartered accountants, lawyers and international tax enthusiasts to block calendar and participate in this Conference to make the most of this opportunity.
Other relevant information:
- The Conference fees includes two publications issued by The Chamber of Tax Consultants on ‘Section 56(2) (x) A Treatise’ and ‘Permanent Establishment Emerging Trends’, course material and access to attend all sessions through the virtual platform.
- Conference fees also include course material and access to attend all sessions through the virtual platform.
- The hard copies of the course material will be couriered to all the participants before or after the conference depending upon the availability of the logistics and the pandemic situation in different parts of the country.
- In no situation, request for refund of the conference fees will be entertained except where cancellation is for genuine unavoidable circumstances and it will be subject to the discretion and approval of Managing Council of CTC.
- Please provide your unique email ID from which you will join technical sessions of the Conference. Please note that the group allocations for Group Discussion papers and entry to sessions will be based on such unique email ID provided by participants at the time of registration.
- Members can also download the “Enrolment Form” from The Chamber’s website and make online payment – CLICK HERE
- Participants will get to view the recordings of the session for a limited period after the 14th Residential Conference on International Taxation is over.
For enrollment and Conference related inquiries, please contact Mr. Hitesh Shah, Chief Manager – (M) +91 7977258507 Mr. Pradeep Nambiar, Dy. Manager (M) +91 8080254129 at Chamber’s Office or email at [email protected].